Tuesday, July 31, 2012

One Square Mile

   Around the block out here on the prairie is a four mile trek. It took me almost a year to venture so far on foot. The varied scenery which extends far beyond a square mile is well worth the walk. My photography skills are nowhere equal to the beauty of it, but here are a few glimpses. This morning I went first west then north, east, south, then west again. The pictures are in order, but I didn't always point the camera the direction I was walking.

Starting down the driveway, going north:


Looking behind me at the sunrise:










Hoff Lutheran in Heimdal, a little town just to my north.










Almost home.
Our house is nestled in the trees on the left.



3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful!!!! What a great idea for a post!! I love the dirt roads and the flat fields of the mid-west, the broken-down house, the corn field, and the rolls of hay. The only thing that is wrong, is that I would love to have taken the walk with you!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Pictures mom. I'm impressed. The land is scenery is beautiful and I did not know you were so talented with the camera. When you told me the other day that you posted pictures I was confused cuz I did not see any on facebook. I keep forgetting that you have a blog. oops. Well I'm catching up now. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post! My dad was from North Dakota and we spent most family vacations there. Your pictures brought back some great memories!

    ReplyDelete