Thursday, July 7, 2011

An Experiment in Felting I-Cord

   It worked!  I didn't know if it would.  I wanted to put an I-cord design on a purse I am working on, but it seemed too risky, so I made a little phone pouch to try it out. Before sewing the pouch together, I pinned it to a phone book. (Those things are still good for something.)  I took some I-cord in a contrasting color and sewed a flower shape on to the pouch  using wool yarn.


I put a few yellow french knots in the center, but I was so anxious to find out the results of the experiment that I forgot to add a green stem.


I finished the pouch and sewed it together.


Then washed it in hot water, and pulled this out:


I'm pleased at how well it worked, despite the missing green.

2 comments:

  1. I love it,... it's adorable just the way it is!!

    ReplyDelete