Monday, January 7, 2013

Stars and Squares Afghan

The recipients of this afghan eloped.

They can keep me from coming to the wedding, but they can't keep me from knitting an afghan!
Unfortunately I didn't get a good picture. ~ Afghans are very hard to photograph.


   The pattern is The Quilt Look Afghan from Lion Brand ~ and I followed it almost exactly. If I were to make it again, there are some things I would do differently ~ but I probably won't.

   The directions for the stars say to switch to circular needles when you get enough stitches. I didn't. Instead, as the work progressed, I kept my stitches on the double points by corking the ends. I used only four needles, which left me with one needle with less stitches than the others. This one I didn't cork, giving me an extra reminder of where the end of the round was. 




No comments:

Post a Comment