Monday, December 19, 2011

Berliner Kranser

   I have always loved Berliner kranser. This year for the first time in my life I somehow found the patience to follow the recipe and make them right: refrigerate the dough, use one tablespoon of dough, and patiently roll into a six inch rope.









Grandma Folland's Recipe:

4 egg yolks
4 hard boiled egg yolks
2 cups butter
1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
5 cups flour
pinch nutmeg

Mash hard boiled egg yolks. Mix with butter. Add sugar, then raw yolks and flour. Refrigerate. Roll into rings. Dip in egg whites then in sugar. (I used raw sugar. We used colored sugar when I was growing up.)
Bake at 400 until light brown ~ around 12 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Those look good. They wouldn't be Christmas cookies by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Of course they are Christmas cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very impressed with your post because this post is very beneficial for me and provide a new knowledge to me
    ccsu ba 3rd year result 2021 subject wise

    ReplyDelete